|I really need to do some original work again.|
Gave Rahne here some quick diffuse texturing. Applied to a toon shader and with the help of an AO I think it turned out decently. The Coat was originally supposed to be a nice dark grey with some dark reds to it but then I realized I wasn’t modelling Asami Sato. Lol. She turned out decently enough.
Done in Autodesk Maya, zBrush, and photoshop.
Ambient Occlusion render of my character “Rahne” that I’ve been working on. I’ve been wrestling with the hair for most of the week but I think I have something that works. It’s a bit “colonial” for what is meant to be a modern character but I like the style of jacket and I think the braid turned out alright. The texturing should remove any old timey-ness hopefully. In any case I may still try some new hairstyles.
Hair is definitely a week point for me in modelling so I reckon the more I’m at it the better I’ll get.
Not sure how much time was put into her at this point but most of the past week has been failed hairstyling.
I know I promised some original stuff but that’s all slowly burning. So I played around with my old “Scott Pilgrim” model a bit for fun. Changed some aspects of his model that initially bugged me and added a hood of sorts. Also took the time to straight up UV the model instead of single colour toon shading it. It’s a pretty simple texture job though, anything too fancy just never felt right.
As you can see I used a page from the opening of one of the books as a backdrop. That Was obviously drawn by Bryan Lee O’Malley, I just didn’t know of anything more thematically appropriate.
Made in Autodesk Maya